Microsoft published a section on TechNet which gives you an overview of what’s new and changed in System Center SP1. Here’s my list of improvements/features from SP1 which are really cool and noteworthy:
- Configuration Manager: Windows 8 and Mac OS X support
- Configuration Manager: Mobile device management including Windows Phone 8, Windows RT and iOS (using the Windows Intune connector)
- Data Protection Manager: Protect Hyper-V over remote SMB share
- Data Protection Manager: Integration with Windows Azure Online Backup
- Operations Manager: Monitoring .NET Windows Services and SharePoint 2010 using APM
- Operations Manager: Global Service Monitoring
- Operations Manager: Additional Unix and Linux Support (CentOS, Debian, Oracle and Ubuntu)
- Orchestrator: Exchange Admin and User IP
- Service Manager: Chargeback
- Service Manager: Improved SCOM Integration
- Virtual Machine Manager: Self-service portal is not supported anymore, App Controler should be used now.
- Virtual Machine Manager: vSphere 5.0 and XenServer 6.0 management
Looking forward to get my hands dirty with SP1…
Download link: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj649385.aspx
CEO of code4ward GmbH and Windows lead developer at http://www.royalapps.com where most of the time is spent on Royal TS, a multi platform, multi protocol remote management solution, for Windows, macOS and mobile supporting RDP, VNC, SSH, Telnet, and many more.
Long time Microsoft MVP supporting communities on- and offline as well as speaking at user groups and conferences about DevOps and other software development topics.