Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
1. I'm not sure what you mean by event handle. Currently LogSmith only displays events, not alerts.
2. I agree, this would be a nice addition
3. I'm using the OpsMgr SDK and there's no caching like the OpsMgr console has. I think the preception, that it's faster is because I don't need to check if the cache is up-to-date and I also do not need to sync-up the cache. The query gets fired and displayed immediately - the downside is the increased memory usage. To filter by event description I need all the data on the client because the SDK currently doesn't support filtering by description.
4. Take a look at the small filter-icons in the columns - I think you are looking for that.
5. Good idea. A button to launch the eventviewer connected to the computer currently selected in the grid.
6. This is not possible, because Log Smith uses commercial 3rd party controls like the ribbon stuff and the data grid.
I guess I need another pizza, beer and coding session ;-)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...